Format of Comparative Balance Sheet
Comparative Balance Sheet of ….Ltd. for the year ending….31st, March 20….and 31st,March 20….
|Particulars||Note No.||Previous Year (`)||Current Year (`)||Absolute
increase/ decrease (`)
|Percentage increase/ decrease|
I. Equity and Liabilities
1. Shareholders’ funds
(a) Share capital
(b) Reserves and Surplus
2. Non-Current Liabilities
(a) Long-term borrowings
(b) Long-term provisions
3. Current Liabilities
(a) Short-term borrowings
(b) Trade payables
(c) Other current liabilities
(d) Short-term provisions
(1) Non-Current Assets
(a) Fixed Assets
(i) Tangible assets
(ii) Intangible assets
(b) Non-current investments
(c) Long-term loans and advances
(2) CURRENT ASSETS
(a) Current investments
( c) Trade receivables
(d) cash and cash equivalents
(e) Short term loans and advances
(f) Other current assets
How to prepare Comparative Balance Sheet
The main steps in preparing the Comparative Balance Sheet are:
1. Enter the items of Assets and Liabilities in the first column.
2. Enter the figures of previous year’s Balance Sheet in second column.
3. Enter the figures of Current year’s Balance Sheet in third column.
4. Enter the absolute changes (current year figure- previous year figure) in fourth column.
5. Enter the percentage changes [(absolute change/ previous year figure) x 100] in fifth column.