Minimum Learning Topics in Business Studies
(For Weak Students)
Those students must do the minimum learning topics to get through Board exams , who are not able to cope up with the entire syllabus.
C.B.S.E. has revised the pattern of question paper for the forthcoming Board Exams. 20 Questions of one mark each are proposed to be set there in question paper, which needs thorough study of the content. Following are the main topics in each unit of syllabus, which a student must read in depth, to be confident of getting at least sixty percent marks.
They must however, concentrate on preparing the topics well and writing the Business Studies paper effectively.
||Unit Name||Sub Topics in this Unit
|1.||Nature and significance of management
|· Management – meaning, feature, Importance,
· Effectiveness and efficiency,
· Levels of management – composition and functions
· Co-ordination as essence of management.
|2.||Principles Of Management||· Fayol’s Principles of Management,
· Principles and Techniques of Scientific Management of Taylor.
|3.||Business Environment||· Business Environment – meaning, importance, dimensions,
· Impact of changes in Economic Policy on Business and Industry,
· Meaning of Liberalization, Privatization and Globalisation.
|4.||Planning||· Planning- meaning, importance, Process ,limitations,
· Difference between standing plans and single use plan,
· Recognition of various managerial plans – Mospppmbr.
|5.||Organising||· Organising – Meaning, process, Importance.
· Formal and Informal Organisation – features, advantages and disadvantages.
· Functional /Divisional Structure of Organisation – advantages /disadvantages.
· Meaning and importance of Delegation and decentralisation.
|6.||Staffing||· Staffing-meaning, Process .
· Sources of Recruitment – Internal and External- advantages and disadvantages .
· Selection – meaning and process
· Training – Meaning, Benefits .
· Meaning and difference between On-the Job/Off the Job training.
|7.||Directing||· Directing- Meaning and importance, Elements,
· Maslow’s Need Hierarchy theory of Motivation,
· Financial/ Non-financial incentives-meaning and examples,
· Leadership- meaning and styles,
· Communication- meaning, barriers and remedies.
|8.||Controlling||· Controlling – Meaning, importance, Process,
· Relationship between planning and controlling.
|9.||Financial Management||· Investment decision – meaning and factors,
· Financing Decision- Meaning, factors affecting ,
· Dividend Decision- Meaning, factors affecting,
· Importance of financial planning.
· Fixed capital requirement – meaning and factors affecting,
· Working capital requirement – meaning and factors affecting.
|10.||Financial Market||· Difference between capital market and money market,
· Methods of floatation in primary market,
· Instruments of money market,
· Functions of Stock Exchange,
· Difference between Primary market and Secondary market,
· Functions of SEBI- regulatory, developmental and protective.
|11.||Marketing Management||· 4 Ps of Marketing,
· Functions of marketing,
· Marketing Philosophies,
· Levels and functions of packaging
|12.||Consumer protection||· Consumer rights
· Consumer responsibilities
· Reliefs available to consumer
· Consumer protection – three tier agencies .
· Role of consumer organisations.